Careers at LLE
PUBLICATIONS ASSISTANT (242975)
The University of Rochester's Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as a Publication Assistant.
Here at the LLE, we are passionate about research and education in science and technology and are looking for an individual who shares this passion! On tight deadlines, and adhering to quality and compliance standards, the Publication Assistant will proofread and edit scientific texts and presentations.
- Proofreading and editing scientific texts and presentations including peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts, posters, and web-based content on tight deadlines
- Ensuring quality and adherence to LLE/University and journal or conference standards for production. Edits original copy for content, consistency, and accuracy
- Producing layout of laboratory publications and edits final content; interfaces with contributors and stakeholders to discuss editorial matters
- Understand publication-related guidelines and make recommendations as needed to adhere to best practices, procedures, and industry standard
- Use of independent judgment and editorial skills to prepare copy
The successful candidate:
- Experience proofreading technical and/or scientific documents
- Advanced use of MS Word with a demonstrated ability to follow templates, apply styles, and format new and existing documents
- Demonstrated ability to apply layout and formatting skills to insert figures, tables, charts, and graphics into Word documents
- Review presentations in MS PowerPoint to proofread content on slides
- Ability to use reference guides, style guides, and manuals
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to manage workload, juggle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism and 3+ years? experience in writing/communication field (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Proficiency in Endnote or equivalent reference management tool
- Knowledge of document Accessibility standards desired
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.rochester.edu/jobopp.
Please apply to Job Opening ID 242975.