About the LLE Library
The LLE Library is a small but active information center that stresses service to all members of the Laboratory Staff. The experienced and dedicated staff strives to minimize the time and effort that researchers spend on gathering information. Whether that information is in the LLE Library, elsewhere at the University of Rochester, or around the world.
LLE's collection is located in two areas: Pre-1989 journals are shelved in the first-floor lobby area. The Library office and the Library's main collection are located in the second-floor Annex area (Room 285). The collection includes circulating books, reference books, journals, and technical reports (microfiche).
The Library also provides a photocopier, a microfiche reader, and public computers.
The LLE Library is located on the second floor in the Annex across from the Annex Conference Room near the East section of the building.
Staff & Services
The LLE Library Staff is experienced and dedicated to helping you accurately and efficiently meet your information needs.
- Electronic or paper copies for all types of published literature from resources in paper, online, microfiche, etc., from any library
- Alerts to the recent literature of interest to you, e.g. the latest journal table of contents
- Delivery of books, etc., from other UR Libraries as well as from a worldwide network of libraries
- Searches of the literature for science, technology, business, etc. (fees may apply)
- Ordering of theses and dissertations
- Pre-publication assistance including citation verification, copyright information, and permission information
We Make Available:
- A focused print collection
- 1st Floor: Journals (pre-1989)
- Second Floor: Reference books, circulating books, journals (1989-date), and technical reports (microfiche)
- Links to online journals & books
- Databases of scientific literature